18 – 25 FEB 2018
SCRIPTURE REFERENCE: JAMES 5:16
Family, I greet you in the wonderful name of our Lord and savior Jesus Christ. This is the last week of our fasting, so I would like to thank everyone who has been part of this fasting. Whether you started with everyone from day one or not, God will surely bless you richly. The God of our father (Pst Alph Lukau) is real. Last Sunday, as usual, many miracles took place and the miracle that caught my attention is the one of a sister who was wheelchair bound for many years. When the Man of God was passing near her, she fell on the floor. She was involved in a car accident where her husband died, many years ago, and she could not walk since then. The doctors had told her that she would never walk again, but God proved them wrong. After the Man of God had prayed for her, she was jumping and running, full of joy. The God of AMI is the true God.
The Man of God only concentrated on the last part of the scripture above. He also shared that James, the writer of the above scripture, son of Mary and Joseph and the earthly brother of Jesus Christ, was the leader of the first church. Elaborating on the scripture, the man of God said, as men repent, they are prompted to ask for forgiveness. You can only sincerely ask for forgiveness if you have repented of the wrong you did. Beloved, every time you step on your brother’s toes, please learn to apologise. The one receiving prayer must also give it, hence we pray for one another in the Homecells.
The bible says “The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.” This is to AGONISOMAI, which speaks about travailing. The word AGONISOMAI is translated as fervent prayer. Sometimes we pray, but there are times where we really pray. This is when you pray not minding what is going on around you. People pray in different dimensions. There are people who get very physical when they pray, and that is a different kind of prayer. When you look at the way Hannah prayed, you will realise that she did not pray to impress anybody. She prayed so earnestly that the priest thought she was drunk. I am certain that she did not mind the environment of where she was praying. Have you been in the place where you say if God does not show up now, tomorrow is too far? Jacob wrestled with the angel of God and he said, “I will not let you go unless you bless me”, because he was in a desperate situation.
If you pray and do not see any result, increase your intensity. God who answers English is able to answer Zulu as well; so if you pray in English and do not see the result, change the language. The “righteous man” does not necessarily mean “sinless men”, because we have short falls. The bible says if we say we have no sins, we are lairs. Righteous man means standing right before God. You have to be born again in order to stand right before God. This scripture does not say the Pastor, but it says the righteous man. If you call God your father, it is more powerful than being an Arch Bishop. You may be a CEO, Director, but being a child of God is a greater position. God protects those he calls his children. Jesus said, “If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!” Through prayer, you can ask God anything you want, and God will answer your prayer.
Anyone who made impact in life was a man / woman of prayer. The bible says call on me and I will answer”. If everyone will learn to pray, they will have victory over lack, poverty, demonic oppression, sickness and diseases, etc. The devil is not afraid of anyone because he/ she dresses well or uses a microphone, but he is afraid of a man/woman of prayer. A man or woman who does not pray remains dry. There is no car that can run without oil.
In our days, God has been portrayed as a grandpa and because of that many approach Him casually. Family, God must be approached through prayer. Prayer is not only speaking to God, but also engaging in the heavenly realms. It goes beyond dialogue with God. Spiritual warfare is engaging in spiritual realm.
There is stuff that is yours that will only come to you through prayer. There is time to pray, and there is time to fight, just as Jacob did.
1. We are closing our fast this Friday; please invite as many people as you can so that they can be part of what God is doing at AMI.
2. AMI 16th year’s anniversary is happening at Gallagher Estates (Midrand) this Saturday, 24 February 2018. Sons and Daughters of Pst Alph Lukau are requested to be there early (at least by 3pm) so that they can welcome the visitors. We are expecting more than 10,000 people, so the early we arrive the better, so that we can have seats.
3. Encounter is happening on 17 March and the classes have started. Leaders are encouraged to send their disciples to this encounter.
4. Disciples’ register is available at Homecells Table every Sunday; the AMI12 Leaders are requested to remind their disciples to meet, sign the register and submit it at homecells table at the beginning of the 3rd service.
5. We are in the fifth week of our 40 days fasting, and everyone is encouraged to come to church (Kramerville) for breaking of the fast at 6pm every day except Wednesdays and Saturdays. Please go to your homecells on Wednesdays and ensure that you submit the Homecells Reports.